Tuesday, September 20, 2011

More Camping





More camping pics from this past summer. We so missed having Dustin there! Although since he has been working over seas living in almost tent like conditions camping is not something he wants to do these days. These were taken at Riley Creek campground. I really like it there..........except the bird poopy beach :(  So quick story : I had just bought Wyatt a pair of Keen sandals, yes they are a little pricey. So we were standing on the dock and I look over to see one of his sandals floating down the river :( Of course I swam out to it.........in my clothes...........and I spaced taking my flip flops off :( So..........I had to swim back to shore with flip flops in one hand and Keens in the other hand. Mind you I am not a great swimmer..........and there was a dam down stream so there was a bit of a current. At one point I was feeling a bit tired and I looked to shore and thought boy none of those guys are going to be able to save me (I was looking at 2 50+ women with health problems and a group of very young kids).  Then I kicked it into high gear and made it to shore. Lesson learned.............a Keen shoe may not be worth it............and remember to remove your flip flops before rescuing a shoe in the water :)

1 comment: